Monday, May 15, 2017

The Move to Lynchburg is Complete

I am amazed that my move to Lynchburg is now over.  I have been living in my new apartment for almost 3 weeks.  Wow!  All my stuff is here, and I have been spending a lot of time and money setting things up as Bed, Bath, and Beyond will attest. The setting up part is still ongoing as I have to buy some furniture to fill up my family room with probably another recliner and a sofa so that guests have a place to sit when visiting.  Exactly what furniture I will buy seems to change every other day as I am not sure what I will end up getting.  That is part of the fun, speculating on what I should get.  This week I just might start going around different furniture stores to get some ideas of what will work in my new home.

I did get a new toy for my place, that being Google Home.  By voice command, I can listen to music from Pandora or Google Play.  I can play YouTube videos on my TV.  I can listen to news on NPR or other news outlets.  I have also bought some Philips Hue LED light bulbs and installed them in my family room.  By Google Home voice command, I can turn the Philips lights off and on, and I can also dim them as well.  Cool!  In other light fixtures, I have been installing various LED light bulbs so that I can save money on my electric bill.  Later on I will be putting in Philips Hue LED light bulbs in my bedroom ceiling fan and Philips Hue LED light bulbs for track lighting in my kitchen.  There are other Google Home capabilities that I haven't tried yet, and Google will be adding more of them.  I sure am enjoying using Google Home.

I have met some of my neighbors here, and my ex-wife and I have done somethings together.  Yesterday we went to Peaks of Otter with some of my ex-wife's family members for a picnic on a beautiful day.  We did a lot of walking around on some trails as well.  Without question, it was a great day.  Retirement is starting out a good note.


No comments:

Post a Comment