Sunday, March 12, 2017

Moving to Lynchburg Is Almost a Reality

I have made a big step in my retirement to Lynchburg, VA.  I have found an apartment with two bedrooms and 2 baths off of Timberlake Road.  I will be taking possession of it on April 22, and my move date is April 25.  Wow, it is happening!  I am quite excited about it, and I can hardly wait for the six weeks to go by.

Now, what to keep and what to let go of?  I have been downsizing over the years, so I don't have a great deal to take with me.  However, I still can get rid of some stuff.  Today I put into the garbage bin a candle holder of sorts that was on my dresser.  I also will be departing with a fake tree with a string of white lights on it.  It was left in a condo I bought a few years ago, and I have been dragging it around ever since.  It is time to let go of it.  My office chair is on its last legs as well.  The next garbage pickup day is Friday, so I will put both the tree and the chair in the street next to the garbage bin Thursday evening as someone in my development will probably come by and take one or both items.

Now I have a decision to make.  I was dusting my wooden desk this afternoon (Amazing, I was doing house work!), and a thought occurred to me.  Do I want to keep this desk and buy a different desk after I move to Lynchburg?  I think I would like a more modern looking desk, maybe one of glass.  I don't think I will need all the storage space of my current desk.  For one thing, one of my desk drawers contains GED "Blue Sheets" that I use to record student attendance for my GED classes at the Adult Detention Center in Manassas.  I will obviously not be working there anymore, my last day being April 14.  Either I will take the sheets to the Adult Learning Center once my classes are done, or I will just throw them out.  There is probably other stuff in this desk I know longer need as well. For the other stuff that I will be keeping, I will use other storage methods.  If I do decide to get rid of the desk, how do I do so?  I should probably sell it, maybe on Craigslist.  I should get something for it after all.

The next 6 weeks will be full of more decisions as well.  That is part of the fun and excitement, too.  There also will be plenty of work.  I am looking forward to this big change in my life.  The golden years are now upon me!

No comments:

Post a Comment